This FAQ contains the following information:
- • Why choose OANDA's rates?
- • How are OANDA's rates calculated?
- • Do you have any partners who can help us integrate OANDA's rates data into our ERP system?
- • Do you have a free trial account?
- • How quickly can we integrate with OANDA API
- • Why are OANDA's rates different from other sources?
- • Where can we find more details on the OANDA API or developer's pages?
- • What time do you publish the latest rates?
- • We are subscribed to the OANDA Basic Plan. How do I check the number of quotes remaining?
- • We need the average value of a specific time-frame, not the daily average. How can we do this using the OANDA API?
- • What type of support does OANDA provide to clients?
- • What kind of subscription plans do you offer?
Why choose OANDA's rates?
OANDA Rates are accurate and reliable. We have been in the business of providing Rates data for 20 years, and our rates are trusted by tax authorities, auditing firms, thousands of companies and millions of individuals globally. There are over 190 currencies and commodities, with over 38,000 pairs available. Our historical rates date back to 1990, making us the world's most comprehensive FX data provider.
And of course, it's easy to use/implement - our automated FX data feed plugs OANDA® Rates directly into your ERP or proprietary system.
How are OANDA's rates calculated?
The exchange rates provided by OANDA are averages for the global foreign exchange market gathered from frequently updated sources, including our OANDA fxTrade currency trading platform, leading market data vendors, and contributing financial institutions. Most of our rates are based on tens of thousands of different price points, collected every tick, every second, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our state of art technology then validates rates and detects/filters anomalies using algorithms, and calculates the average of all the collected data over a 24-hour period to make it available to our customers.
Do you have any partners who can help us integrate OANDA's rates data into our ERP system?
Yes. To help our customers integrate our FX rates seamlessly, OANDA partners with many of the major ERP systems including Oracle, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics and SAP. For more information, please contact our FX integration specialists at email@example.com
Do you have a free trial account?
Yes, you can start testing OANDA API in minutes. Upon completing the Sign-up form here you will receive free API key to access the OANDA Rates. Your API key is available for 30 days and allows you to access up to 1,000 quotes during the period.
How quickly can we integrate with the OANDA API?
Almost immediately. You can build your API url using our query builder.
Why are OANDA's rates different from other sources?
OANDA quotes are derived from frequently updated sources, including our OANDA fxTrade currency trading platform, leading market data vendors, and contributing financial institutions, which may or may not reflect the same prices of other companies as they can have different sources. FX is an Over-the-Counter (OTC) market, which means that OTC contracts are not executed and cleared on a central exchange where you may find the same prices on stocks, options and futures. The source and quality of your FX data therefore becomes critical to your business.
OANDA offers actually traded currency value data to our clients and recognized globally as the standard for accurate data provider.
Where can we find more details on the OANDA API or developer’s page?
You can find the API documentation here.
What time do you publish the latest rates?
To service our customers all across the world, we publish our rates every day at 2:00AM UTC. The values represent the average of the most recently completed 24-hour period ending on the same day.
Prices for the currencies of some emerging market countries may be published less frequently.
We are subscribed to the OANDA Basic Plan. How do I check the number of quotes remaining?
You can check your API usage anytime at your convenience on our query builder page. Please have your API Key information ready.
We need the average value of a specific time-frame, not the daily average. How can we do this using the OANDA API?
You can specify a timeframe by replacing the "date=YYYY-MM-DD" part of the query with "start=YYYY-MM-DD&end=YYYY-MM-DD" to get the average of your choice (i.e. weekly, monthly, yearly)
What type of support does OANDA provide to clients?
OANDA has a professional team of traders and operations staff, whose goal is to reduce pain points from conventional payment providers available on the phone and via email to customize your particular business needs.
What kind of subscription plans do you offer?
We offer flexible plans to meet your FX data needs. Please visit our subscription plan and pricing page.
- • $400/month or $4,500/year (save $300)
- • OANDA rates + ECB (European Central Bank) rates
- • 100,000 quotes per month
- • Standard email support
- • $750/month or $8,500/year (save $500)
- • OANDA rates + ECB (European Central Bank) rates
- • Unlimited quotes
- • Dedicated customer support
- • Two free seats for our historical currency converter app for spot checking, spreadsheet analysis, and rates on the go (unlimited access)
If our standard plans do not quite fit your needs, our team of experts will develop a custom plan for your company. Please contact us.