Troubleshooting - Java console information
To help OANDA identify potential issues with your system, you may be asked to try to open fxTrade or fxTrade Practice and send the Java console information to OANDA.
Open the Java console (Windows)
1. Go to Control Panel > Java (32-bit), which will open Java Control Panel.
2. Go to the 'Advanced' tab.
3. Under the Java console section, select the 'Show console' radio button.
4. Click 'OK'.
5. Attempt to launch the platform.
Open the Java console (Mac OS X)
The Java console is disabled by default. You must first enable it, then restart your browser:
1. Navigate to the following folder: Applications > Utilities > Java.
2. Click the 'Java Preferences' icon.
3. Go to the 'Advanced' tab.
4. Under the Java console section, select the 'Show console' radio button.
5. Close and re-open your browser. You will see the Java Console appear as a separate window.
6. Attempt to start fxTrade or fxTrade Practice.
Note: the Java console will continue to appear while it is activated. To deactivate it, go back to the Java preferences and deselect the 'Show console' radio button.
Copy and paste the console information into your bug report
1. Make sure you've tried to start the fxTrade or fxTrade practice trading platform.
2. Open the Java console using the previous instructions. It should contain a lengthy amount of data that looks like the following. (If it doesn't contain this data, go to the troubleshooting section below.)
3. Click the 'Copy' button to copy all contents of the console to the clipboard.
4. Go to the bug report page and fill in as much information as possible about the problem you are experiencing.
5. Paste the contents of your Java console into the details field of the bug report. (To paste, select Edit > Paste or use your shortcut keys.)
6. Verify you entered your correct fxTrade username and email address, and then click the 'Submit Bug Report' button.
Troubleshooting an empty console
If your Java console only contains the help information, as shown in the following image, then you have not accessed the console information we need.
Some possible reasons for an empty console (and some solutions) are as follows: